Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is really great to have on hand when you have little time, but want something fresh and hot for breakfast.
- 1 (15 ounce) box all-bran cereal (like All Bran)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Mix thoroughly and cover.
- Let stand at least 6 hours before using.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin wells and fill to about 2/3 full (usually an ice cream scoop is the right size).
- Bake 12- 15 minutes at 375.
- Batter will keep in fridge for 6 weeks.
- If you want to half this recipe.
- Use 4 1/2 cups bran cereal and half of all other ingredients.
Easy and great to have muffins ready to pop in the oven in the morning. We used Fiber 1 cereal and added 2 cups of raisins to the mixture. Next time I may use Rasin Bran instead.
Great recipe! The muffins are moist and tasty! I did use splenda instead of sugar, added a cup of raisins and used white whole wheat flour. Thanks for posting!
This is a really easy, healthy recipe. I only used 2 cups sugar. My kids really like them. Thanks for posting.