Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to have fresh, hot muffins all week.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 cups bran flakes
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine flour, soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with water.
- Stir in buttermilk and bran flakes.
- Cover bowl and store in refrigerator.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375º.
- Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes if batter is room temperature; bake 30 minutes if batter is straight from the refrigerator.
- Batter will keep up to 10 days in the refrigerator.