1/5 Photos of Refrigerator Bran Muffins
I could not believe the differences in all the refrigerator bran muffin recipes! This is the one my good friend Mary gave to me about 1972. It keeps well, is tasty, great for mom's with little time, and is healthy. What more can you ask?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all bran cereal, boiling water, and one cup of the buttermilk.
- 2Let mixture stand.
- 3Blend sugar with shortening (butter).
- 4Add eggs and mix.
- 5Add the flour, soda, salt, another cup of buttermilk, and the dates.
- 6Blend well and add to bran mixture.
- 7Cover tightly and refrigerate up to 2 months.
- 8When ready to use, do NOT stir!
- 9Dip batter into greased muffin tins.
- 10Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, if whole wheat, 30.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refrigerator Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 136.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g