Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
These little bars have everything you need in them from chocolate to cookies, and you don't even have to bake them!
- 9 1⁄2 ounces dark chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- 6 ounces plain cookies, like nilla wafers
- 1 ounce toasted rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce white chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the dark chocolate in a large mixing bowl with the butter, syrup, and rum, if using, and set over a pan of gently simmering water until the chocolate has melted, stirring to blend Crack the cookies into tiny pieces and stir them into the chocolate mixture along with the rice cereal, nuts, and candied cherries Line a 7-inch square pan with wax paper.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and level the top, pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- Chill for 2 hours To decorate, melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the bars.
- Let set.
- To serve, turn the bar out of the pan and remove the paper.
- Cut into 16 squares.