Recipe by Michelle S.
I made this cake once for a boy scout auction and it sold for $75.00! I wanted to say..."it's a cake mix!" but of course I didn't. Sometimes cake mixes can make fantastic desserts...this is one of them!
Top Review by Jenninjapan
I remade this cake, and instead of poking holes in it, I just cut about a 1/4 inch of cake off the top to level it out and poured the mixture on it, and it turned out so much better!!
- 1 (18 ounce) package strawberry cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- fresh strawberries, sliced and fanned
- mint leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flour and grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- Prepare cake according to package directions.
- Poke holes at 1" intervals with wooden spoon handle.
- Puree strawberries in blender.
- Evenly spoon strawberries over cake slowly, allowing pureed fruit to soak into holes.
- Prepare pudding using only 1 cup of milk.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Carefully spread over cake after all fruit has soaked in (VERY IMPORTANT).
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Decorate with fanned berries and mint leaves.