Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We eat these everytime we go to my husband's grandparents' house. They are a really nice side dish, especially in the summer. They go with anything! (Well, not chocolate, but many savory dishes!)
- 7 -8 cucumbers, sliced but not peeled
- 1 large sliced onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canning salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Put the vegetables in a large bowl and sprinkle the salt over top.
- Let them sit for 2-3 hours.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients to make a brine.
- Pour it over the vegetables.
- Put the vegetables in jars.
- It will keep, refrigerated, for about 10 weeks.
GREAT CUKES!!! I've become addicted to them....they won't be lasting a week in this house!! Thanks ladypit.
Well I just had to try this recipe,if for no other reason than I wanted to see if it would truely last 10 weeks.BUT... the cukes are so darn good that they don't last that long...every time my girls come over ,they dig in and they are gone long before the time is up,But I will keep trying,as we love this recipe.Thanks, Darlene
I've been doing some canning and ran across this recipe. It was a cinch to prepare and get into the fridge. I will keep these on hand to have a lot!