Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Chewy, sweet bars. You have to be quick on these, as they harden fast!
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 4 cups Special K cereal
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (More or less for desired taste.)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag butterscotch chips
- Mix brown sugar and Karo syrup in large pot, bring to a boil. Take off stove.
- Stir in peanut butter and Special K.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 9x13 pan. Butter hands, use hands to press down evenly into pan. Top evenly with chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Put pan under broiler on center shelf for about a minute. Be careful not to burn butterscotch chips. Swirl and spread evenly over mixture.
- Cool in refrigerator, cut into squares when cool. Don't let them cool off for too long - they set up and harden like cement.