Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
This recipe came from a Triscuit box.
- 1 poblano chile
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- Place poblano under hot broiler, blister and char the skin.
- Place in bowl; cover. Let stand to cool.
- Add beans to food processor; pulse until mashed.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter, onion, and garlic. Saute until soft, 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Peel, seed and chop poblano; add to skillet.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Garnish as desired.
- Serve immediately with crackers.