Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve alongside Austin Crispy Steak Tacos with Salsa Verde.
Make and share this Refried Pinto Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add 1 can of the beans and the chilies to the pan and cook, mashing them up with the back of a spoon. When one can has been smashed up, add the remaining can of beans and continue cooking to heat through. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This is definitely the speediest method I have ever used for making homemade refried beans. They were definitely delicious, and next time I will leave fewer whole as my family prefers them smooth. I, however, really enjoyed the chunky texture!