Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Serve alongside Austin Crispy Steak Tacos with Salsa Verde.
Top Review by Cook4_6
This is definitely the speediest method I have ever used for making homemade refried beans. They were definitely delicious, and next time I will leave fewer whole as my family prefers them smooth. I, however, really enjoyed the chunky texture!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add 1 can of the beans and the chilies to the pan and cook, mashing them up with the back of a spoon. When one can has been smashed up, add the remaining can of beans and continue cooking to heat through. Season with salt and pepper and serve.