Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My hubby made these for me once and I will never go back to eating refried beans out of a can. The bacon bits in this make it absolutely yummy.
- Fry bacon in a medium sized skillet until just crispy. Remove bacon from the skillet and set aside until cool enough to break into tiny pieces.
- Pour off most of the bacon grease, leaving the bottom of the skillet well coated. Return the bacon pieces back to the skillet on low heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop the beans into the pan. Reserve liquid.
- Add garlic and onion powder.
- Mash all contents, adding reserved liquid until desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cheese.