Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
In '1,000 Mexican Recipes' by Marge Poore
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 serrano chilies, cut into very thin rounds (with seeds)
- 2 cups refried beans (homemade or canned, well seasoned)
- 1 cup coarsely shredded monterey jack cheese
- corn tortilla chips
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the oil and saute the serrano chili rounds about 20 seconds.
- Add the refried beans and stir with a wooden spoon until the beans are hot and form a paste.
- Add the cheese and stir slowly until just melted, but still visible as swirls of cheese.
- Turn out onto a round serving plate and form into a fat pancake.
- Serve at once with tortilla chips for dipping.