5 hrs 10 mins
This is the best refried bean recipe I have ever tasted, and we eat alot of mexican food where I'm from. I will NEVER EVER EVER make it any other way again. You'll LOVE it. This recipe comes from the Fix it and Forget It Cookbook, for the crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine beans, water, garlic, tomato, and salt in slow cooker.
- 2Cover. Cook on high 5 hours, stirring occasionally. When the beans become soft, drain off some liquid.
- 3While the beans cook, brown bacon in skillet. Drain, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon. Add half of bacon and 3 tablespoons drippings to beans. Stir.
- 4Mash or puree beans with a food processor. Fry the mashed bean mixture in the remaining bacon drippings. Add more salt to taste.
- 5To serve, sprinkle the remaining bacon and shredded cheese on top of beans.
- 7Instead of draining off liquid, add 1/3 cup dry minute rice and continue cooking about 20 minutes. Add a dash of hot sauce and a dollop of sour cream to individual servings.
- 8Instead of frying the mashed bean mixture, place several spoonfuls on flour tortillas; roll up, and serve.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refried Beans With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.5
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 534.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g