Recipe by ciao
These are the very quick, easy and tasty beans. A fast side dish that you can have ready in about 10-15 minutes.
Top Review by princess_omayra
I used pinto beans instead of black beans. As ms_bold did, I omitted the bean liquid and mixed up a tsp of chicken bouillon to 8 oz of water and added that to the pan for additional liquid. Instead of olive oil, I used an olive oil flavored cooking spray due to being on a fairly strict diet. I'm a garlic lover so added just a little more garlic than suggested. I topped it with some taco sauce and some craft shredded mexican style cheese blend and it tasted great! I'm going to use this recipe as a dip for tortilla chips and maybe some tacos and burritos. Yum!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled fresh cheese or 2 tablespoons shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mash beans with fork or spoon.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until tender.
- Add beans, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until bean liquid starts to evaporate.
- Reduce heat and simmer until desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with cheese over the top.