Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Real refried beans, one of the many things you can make with your gigantic pot of beans.
Make and share this Refried Beans / Refritos recipe from Food.com.
- Fry the bacon, remove the bits and set aside.
- Add the beans to the skillet.
- Mash with a potato masher, until beans are moosed and warm, and the grease has been absorbed.
- For Fatless beans, use a non stick skillet and no fat.
- Add a pinch of garlic powder for taste.
My favorite and so easy! I recommend the pinch of garlic powder. YUM!
These turned out fantastic! Very easy to make. I had less than 4 cups of beans and it worked well. I just used some bacon grease and towards the end, added some garlic powder and a little more salt. Very authentic tasting! Wildheart, thanks for another great recipe!
I had left over pinto beans with bits of ham. I added a bit of bacon fat to the skillet and heated them though and mashed just with a hand held potato masher. They turned out great. Rave Reviews from all. Thank You for sharing.