Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Quick and easy. I love the texture and flavor the chicken broth gives to this sidedish. Serve with other sidedishes... chopped lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream. All will take the "heat" out of your Mexican dinner.
- 2 cups canned pinto beans (rinsed and mashed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- Place mashed beans in a bowl& add spices/oil.
- Mix in chicken broth and heat in microwave.
- Stir until smooth and bubbly.
- Sprinkle w/ cheese and serve on a heated platter.
- Also tasty cold and used as a dip.
it doesn't get much easier than this! easy creamy beans, these were a great side dish with chili, and i plan to use the leftovers in burritos tomorrow
Delicious! a cheap and easy way to make your own. Thanks so much! I'll be sure to take leftovers to luch to use as a dip!
I looked for this recipe when I need to make a 7 layer dip over the summer. I have no bought refried beans again. I use this for burritos and fajitas. Thank you for posting.