1/1 Photo of Refried Beans (crock Pot)
Sue Lau's Note:
Very easy to make! Makes a great side dish or filling for burritos. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dried pinto bean
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 5 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lard or 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese or 2 tablespoons chopped onions, to garnish (optional)
- 1Sort and rinse dried beans; place in crockpot and cover with water (by several inches) and soak overnight.
- 2In the morning, drain and rinse beans (discarding soaking water).
- 3Return beans to crock pot, and add 6 cups water and the salt.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until beans are nice and tender.
- 5Drain cooked beans, reserving cooking liquid.
- 6Mash beans and return to crock (or may mash in the crock pot).
- 7In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in lard or butter until tender and lightly golden; add to crock pot.
- 8Stir in chopped green chillies and ground cumin, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid to adjust the consistency as desired.
- 9Cover crock, and cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until heated through nicely, stirring occasionallly (may add additional liquid if needed).
- 10Adjust salt, if necessary, before serving.
- 11Garnish with cheese or chopped onion, if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refried Beans (crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 456.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 13.2 g