Very easy to make! Makes a great side dish or filling for burritos. Enjoy!
Make and share this Refried Beans (crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dried pinto bean
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 5 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lard or 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese or 2 tablespoons chopped onions, to garnish (optional)
- Sort and rinse dried beans; place in crockpot and cover with water (by several inches) and soak overnight.
- In the morning, drain and rinse beans (discarding soaking water).
- Return beans to crock pot, and add 6 cups water and the salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until beans are nice and tender.
- Drain cooked beans, reserving cooking liquid.
- Mash beans and return to crock (or may mash in the crock pot).
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in lard or butter until tender and lightly golden; add to crock pot.
- Stir in chopped green chillies and ground cumin, adding some of the reserved cooking liquid to adjust the consistency as desired.
- Cover crock, and cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until heated through nicely, stirring occasionallly (may add additional liquid if needed).
- Adjust salt, if necessary, before serving.
- Garnish with cheese or chopped onion, if desired.