Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from Taste Of Home Casseroles. I have not tried this just posting for safe keeping.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 16 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 16 ounces refried beans
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the kidney beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add rice. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Drop rounded spoonfuls of refried beans over rice; heat through. Garnish with cheese and onions if desired.