Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 118.29 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (878.83 g) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, chile minced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped fine (about 1/4 cup)
- 1.23 ml table salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 9.85 ml fresh lime juice (optional)
- Process broth and all but 1 cup of beans in food processor until smooth, about 15 seconds, scraping sides of bowl with rubber spatula if necessary.
- Add remaining beans and process until slightly chunky, about ten 1-second pulses.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add onion, peppers, and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cumin; cook, stirring frequently, about 30 seconds.
- Add beans and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice, if using, and serve.