My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, chile minced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped fine (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (optional)
- 1Process broth and all but 1 cup of beans in food processor until smooth, about 15 seconds, scraping sides of bowl with rubber spatula if necessary.
- 2Add remaining beans and process until slightly chunky, about ten 1-second pulses.
- 3Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- 4Increase heat to medium-high; add onion, peppers, and salt.
- 5Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add garlic and cumin; cook, stirring frequently, about 30 seconds.
- 7Add beans and stir until thoroughly combined.
- 8Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- 9Stir in cilantro and lime juice, if using, and serve.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refried Beans
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 161.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 21.2 g