Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
The way I like to make it.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canned black beans
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 dried red chile pod
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mash beans in a bowl.
- Heat up a large saucepan with the oil to medium high heat.
- Add the onions and chiles, saute until the onion s are soft/lightly browned.
- Add the mashed beans, stir for about 30 seconds to a minute. Add the water and put on high temperature. Bring that to boil then reduce to low heat until all the water is gone.
- Use with tacos, burritos, for dips etc.