Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have always hated the canned refried beans that are sold in the stores. I came up with this recipe for when I made dishes that needed refried beans. I hope you like it.
- 2 -3 cups pinto beans, cooked
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheese
- In a food processor, purée the beans until they become like paste.
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil on medium. When the pan is warm, place the beans in the olive oil along with the garlic and salt.
- Stir constantly until the oil is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Place in warmed serving dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve warm.
Wow. I am a college student, so I don't have a lot of cooking resources available to me, but this recipe was easy and great! All the girls on my hall in the dorm were going crazy over it! I'm gonna have to start making it in bulk!! Thanks so much for spicing up the food intake of a girl that's sick of cafeteria food!
Just made this, I needed a snack! yummy, I only made a bit, but I'm sure it would be great with rice and sweetcorn :)
Well I have done it again. Went to get my refried beans one was gone. So I ran to Zaar. Oh Yes a recipe just what I needed. They turned out much better than any canned could do. I used bacon fat. Out of olive oil. Darn to the store I will go. Thank You for help once again. Bell Rings For WINNER!!!!!