I got this recipe from a little old lady who ran a cantina near the beach in Ensanada Mexico. Black beans are the best for this recipe. If the color throws you use red.
- In a large pan saute the onions and garlic to just translucent.
- Add the jalapenos and continue to saute until JUST beginning to brown.
- Add the beans, 2 cans rinsed and drained, two with juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for around 1 1/2 hours, adding beer as needed.
- You don't want the beans to dry out.
- If there's any remaining beer left drink it.
- Sometimes 2 cans are needed.
- Don't add salt until dish is done and taste first.