Recipe by Dib's
I got this recipe from a little old lady who ran a cantina near the beach in Ensanada Mexico. Black beans are the best for this recipe. If the color throws you use red.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 jalapenos, chopped fine
- 2 medium onions, chopped medium
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (not traditional) (optional)
- 4 (14 ounce) cans black beans (or red kidney or pink kidney-black has the most flavor)
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan saute the onions and garlic to just translucent.
- Add the jalapenos and continue to saute until JUST beginning to brown.
- Add the beans, 2 cans rinsed and drained, two with juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for around 1 1/2 hours, adding beer as needed.
- You don't want the beans to dry out.
- If there's any remaining beer left drink it.
- Sometimes 2 cans are needed.
- Don't add salt until dish is done and taste first.