1/7 Photos of Refried Beans
2 hrs 5 mins
I got this recipe from a little old lady who ran a cantina near the beach in Ensanada Mexico. Black beans are the best for this recipe. If the color throws you use red.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pan saute the onions and garlic to just translucent.
- 2Add the jalapenos and continue to saute until JUST beginning to brown.
- 3Add the beans, 2 cans rinsed and drained, two with juice.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for around 1 1/2 hours, adding beer as needed.
- 5You don't want the beans to dry out.
- 6If there's any remaining beer left drink it.
- 7Sometimes 2 cans are needed.
- 8Don't add salt until dish is done and taste first.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refried Beans
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.0
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 17.6 g