1/1 Photo of Refried Bean Stuffed Poblanos W/ Cheese
PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this one on the Cooking Light website and I can't wait to try it! Use reduced fat and reduced sodium ingredients to make this as healthy as possible. You can also add chicken to change this from a vegetarian to a carnivore dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium poblano chiles, halved and seeded (you can also use jalapenos)
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) envelope microwaveable cooked long-grain rice (such as Uncle Ben's Original Ready Rice)
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1Place chile halves, cut sides up, on a round microwave-safe plate.
- 2Cover with wax paper; microwave at HIGH 3 minutes.
- 3While chiles cook, combine beans, rice, and picante sauce in a medium bowl, stirring well. (This is where you would add the chicken if using).
- 4Spoon bean mixture evenly into chile halves.
- 5Cover with wax paper; microwave at HIGH 2 minutes.
- 6Uncover chiles, sprinkle each half with 2 tablespoons cheese, and microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 7Sprinkle evenly with cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refried Bean Stuffed Poblanos W/ Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 99.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend