Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A hearty, flavorful soup that's always sure to heat you up, in temperature and in spice.
- 2 (24 ounce) cans refried beans (fat-free works)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans diet cola (normal will be too sweet)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup chunky salsa, heat depending on taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 lb shredded chicken breasts or 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- hot sauce, to taste
- Combine the refried beans, sugar, salsa, onions, beans, cumin and cooked meat in a soup pot.
- Put over medium heat and gradually add cola, stirring, adding more or less to consistency preference. Sometimes I like to use lowfat or skim milk instead of cola.
- Stir in hot sauce and bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for atleast 10 minutes.