Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family loves this recipe. It is quick and yummy. I serve it with tortilla chips either crushed on top or used to dip.
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup beer
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (or more if you like!)
- 1 (30 ounce) can refried beans (or 2 16 oz cans)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, onion, cilantro and beer in a large saucepan; boil five minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in beans and broth; simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve individually with a dollup of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro in each bowl.
This is wierdly delicious! It is basically nothing thrown into a dish but it comes out pretty good. I crinkled jalepeno red corn chips on top and they really gave it that texture I was looking for. With the addition of beans or meat or something else I think I would give it a 5 stars.....
Very good soup! I used crushed tomatoes along with some rotel. In addition I also added more cilantro to this dish for added flavor. I will be making this again :)
I turned this into a very hearty Main course with the addition of cooked ground beef, a can of black beans and a can of kidney beans. Found this a little bland so added a generous amount of cumin.