Recipe by Allyson Sims
My family loves this recipe. It is quick and yummy. I serve it with tortilla chips either crushed on top or used to dip.
Top Review by jennyblender
This is wierdly delicious! It is basically nothing thrown into a dish but it comes out pretty good. I crinkled jalepeno red corn chips on top and they really gave it that texture I was looking for. With the addition of beans or meat or something else I think I would give it a 5 stars.....
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup beer
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (or more if you like!)
- 1 (30 ounce) can refried beans (or 2 16 oz cans)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, onion, cilantro and beer in a large saucepan; boil five minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in beans and broth; simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve individually with a dollup of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro in each bowl.