Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
When I make this recipe I usually just use the beans, broth and salsa. Sometimes, however, it's just fun to spice it up. 1 point per serving for Weight Watchers. This recipe is core.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (5 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Heat oil.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Cook until tender.
- Add garlic, broth, salsa and corn.
- Raise heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Rinse beans and add to the pot.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Stir in refried beans and cumin.
- Stir well and simmer.
I tried this soup last night and really enjoyed it. It' so easy and quick. My vegetarian daughter liked it too.
This is a very good soup recipe, however upon further investigation, this recipe is too good to be true. You cannot count the 23 grams of fiber to calculator the WW points. You can count only up to 4, which would make the soup 9 points per serving. Even under the old WW plan, you can only count up to 10 grams of fiber. A great soup recipe for those not counting points.