Recipe by Baby Chevelle
This is a very good Weight Watcher recipe for those cold days. It is only 2 point per cup. Servings are a guess.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Absolutely wonderful flavor and texture! It's healthy and satisfying. I made this exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. I love how refried beans not only add flavor, but act to thicken the soup. An added bonus is that this soup is very quick and easy.... and inexpensive. Thanx for sharing!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, bottled
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth or 1 (14 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in 4 1/2 quart soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper. Raise heat to high and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, broth and tomatoes. Stir.
- Stir in kidney beans, black beans and refried beans, then cumin and taco seasoning.Stir well.
- Cover and let come to boil, reduce heat to low add pepper to taste.
- Cook stirring occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes or until ready to serve.