Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fast and easy soup,good for all ages. Everyone usually likes this.
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (30 ounce) can refried beans
- Large stock pot combine tomatoes,garlic,onion.
- Stir to combine.
- Add beans and stir.
- Bring to a boil, boil for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
This is my favorite FAST recipe I've made! I followed the reviewer RENO's changes and used a tbs. dried onion and bouillion (beef) plus water. I NOW realize that I put in a small can of refried beans instead of the 30 oz. called for! I was really happy with the texture so maybe I'll do it the same way again. This made for a fabulous tortilla soup just by crumbling some tortilla chips, green onion, cheese, on top. Thanks Jean, for posting! Roxygirl
I only had a samll can of beans so I added a can of corn. I used table spoon of dried onion, 2 cups water and boullion also used tomatoes with garlic in them, yummy, yummy. I will make this again and again. I love soup and this will really help me with me weight loss goal for 2009. Thank you.