Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've made this a few times when I need to bring an appetizer somewhere and people always comment on how tasty they are! Convienent and easy to put together. Great for on the go as well! Fat-Free refried beans can be used as well for a lighter dish.
- Mix beans, salsa and chili powder in 1-quart saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warm.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture onto center of each tortilla; spread slightly.
- Top with lettuce and cheese.
- Fold over sides and ends of tortillas.
- Serve with additional salsa if desired.
love this as an appetizer! I have also spread thin cream cheese layer on first and then refried beans. Once refrigerated and firm we cut pinwheel style for individual appetizers. If you omit lettuce, they are also great warmed up in oven.