Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cumin and cayenne jazz up homemade chips in these nachos.Topped with beans, cheese and tomato, they make a great snack or light meal. Clipped from a magazine, too long ago to remember which one.
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- cooking spray (butter-flavored)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces refried beans (your choice of flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tomatoes, large
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Spritz one side of each tortilla with butter-flavored spray.
- Combine the cumin, coriander, chili powder and cayenne; sprinkle over tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges; place in single layer in ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan(s).
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in microwave-safe bowl, heat the refried beans on high for 1-2 minutes or until warm.
- Arrange baked tortillas on serving plates; top with beans, cheese, tomato and onions.
- Optional: broil unitl cheese melts.
- Serve with salsa.