Recipe by John Sauerbeck
I made this the first time for public use at a pot luck at Alcatraz. It went over so well, I've been making it ever since. I figure a piece of paper is easier to give to someone than having to make this. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 bunch spring onion, chopped, at least 6 whites only
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together refried beans and 1/4 of salsa.
- Place mixture in bottom of 8 x 8 glass dish.
- Pour remaining salsa on top of bean mixture.
- sprinkle half of taco seasoning or to taste over salsa.
- Sprinkle chopped onions over salsa mixture.
- Spread sour cream over salsa mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of sour cream.
- Cover and chill over night.
- Serve with Corn chips, crackers, dipping utensiles ect--.