Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I use this thick dip as a spread on top of EXCELLINE chicken and cheese quesadillas to add more protein and flavor.
- 31 ounces refried beans
- 8 ounces medium taco sauce
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups colby cheese, shredded
- Heat together beans, taco sauce, cream cheese, onion, garlic, and cilantro until well combined. Remove from heat and stir in cheese to melt.
Yum! Really good. Super easy too. Update: I've made this a dozen more times this summer and it's always a hit. Just microwaving it heats it well for the cheese to melt. Have found that as well as using as a dip, I like it on a nice toasted whole wheat bread for snack or on celery sticks. As another reviewer said, way better than any bean dip you buy from a can. I will be making this again and again and again.....
A GREAT TASTING bean dip that went over much better with my guests than most of the purchased bean dips ever did! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Also good wrapped in a tortilla with a few other choice ingredients! Definietly a keeper! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]