Recipe by 2ChinaGirls
Adapted from a recipe in the BH&G Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes. Use a 6 qt crock pot for stated amounts. Halve amounts for a 3.5 qt cooker. Can also be made on the stove top or simmered in a slow oven. Freezes beautifully.
Top Review by bmcnichol
Thi good and easy to make. I didn't put this in the crockpot, I just cooked it on the stove. I don't things real spicy so I did change up some things. I used two 14 ounce cans of petite diced tomatoes instead of salsa and I only used a tablespoon and a half of chili powder. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. As I made it was still a bit spicey for me. I took this for lunches and it was even better heated up
- 566.99 g ground turkey
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 2 (850.48 g) can chili beans
- 453.59 g jar thick & chunky salsa (use desired heat level)
- 453.59 g can refried beans
- 396.89 g can beef broth (or 1 12 oz. bottle beer)
- 29.58 ml chili powder (use desired heat level)
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground turkey and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat and add to meat and onion to crock.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock and mix well.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Garnish as you desire. We usually set out shredded cheese, chopped onions and sour cream.