6 hrs 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe in the BH&G Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes. Use a 6 qt crock pot for stated amounts. Halve amounts for a 3.5 qt cooker. Can also be made on the stove top or simmered in a slow oven. Freezes beautifully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa (use desired heat level)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth (or 1 12 oz. bottle beer)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (use desired heat level)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1Brown ground turkey and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat and add to meat and onion to crock.
- 2Add remaining ingredients to crock and mix well.
- 3Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- 4Garnish as you desire. We usually set out shredded cheese, chopped onions and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refried Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.4
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 97.8 mg
- Sodium 2216.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 57.4 g