1/2 Photos of Refried Bean Burritos
These are quick and fairly healthy if made with low fat ingredients, add some rice if you want to stretch them farther or just go with basic bean and cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans (I use fat free)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or 1 teaspoon ground dried chile
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 -5 dashes garlic powder
- hot sauce
- 1 cup hot cooked rice (I usually omit) (optional)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded or thinly sliced (I use low fat)
- your favorite salsa
- 1 package flour tortilla (10-in. The recipe usually uses 5 tortillas the way I make it)
Any or all of the following to taste
- 1Place beans in microwave safe dish.
- 2Stir in next 5 ingredients.
- 3Heat on medium power for about 3 minutes or until hot, stirring once halfway through.
- 4Alternatively, heat over low heat on stovetop until warmed through.
- 5If mixture becomes too thick, add water.
- 6Mix in rice, if using.
- 7Meanwhile, heat the tortillas.
- 8Use the method you like best.
- 9I usually just heat them one at a time in a dry skillet over medium heat, about 20-30 secs per side, or just until pliable.
- 10Place about 1/3 cup bean mixture in each tortilla, add cheese, salsa and toppings, and roll.
- 11You can bake them in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes if you want them firmer/crisper.
- 12I like to skip this step.
- 13That's it!
- 14These refrigerate well for a few days.
- 15I can't speak for the freezer.
- 16I end up with 5 medium sized burritos; if you use the rice or more veggies, you will get more.
- 17Since I usually reheat one or two at a time, I add sour cream after reheating.
- 18No one would call these authentic Mexican food; they taste more like a fresher and better version of Taco Bell, but they are very good.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refried Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.5
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 1213.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 23.1 g