Recipe by sugarpea
Anasazi Beans are offered by the Adobe Milling Co and can be ordered online from Colorado. Great beans! Named after the ancient Native Americans in that area. Great as a tortilla filling or side dish.
- 1⁄2 lb dried anasazi beans
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans at a gentle boil in 3 cups water, covered, until tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain beans and save liquid.
- Saute onion, green pepper, garlic and bacon; mash beans together with sauteed mixture, adding a little liquid at a time, until bean mixture is smooth.
- Can be frozen.