Recipe by Mirj
It's not a shake and it's not a smoothy. It's got an amazing taste, and it's my latest addiction!
Top Review by Geema
I want to review this twice so that maybe I could give you 10 stars. I will never eat watermelon again......just drink it in this recipe! I made it for my DIL as a treat when she came over yesterday. She isn't eating sugar right now and I used Splenda, which worked just fine. Because I didn't need to dissolve the sugar, I wish I hadn't used the 1/2 cup of water because it did seem a little thinner that I would have liked. I can't wait to make it again and already am planning a trip to the store for more melon. Thank you soooooooo much Mirj!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 cups cubed watermelon (without seeds) or 3 cups other melon
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice cubes
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, plus grated rind
- 1 cup cooled strong-brewed tea, from a cherry or almond tea bag (you can try other flavors, too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the sugar and water, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts.
- Set aside to cool.
- Put all the remaining ingredients, including the dissolved sugar syrup, in a blender and blend just long enough to achieve that icy-mush quality.
- Serve immediately, in tall frosty glasses.