Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
It's not a shake and it's not a smoothy. It's got an amazing taste, and it's my latest addiction!
Make and share this Refreshing Watermelon Frozen Slushy recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 cups cubed watermelon (without seeds) or 3 cups other melon
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice cubes
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, plus grated rind
- 1 cup cooled strong-brewed tea, from a cherry or almond tea bag (you can try other flavors, too)
- Heat the sugar and water, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts.
- Set aside to cool.
- Put all the remaining ingredients, including the dissolved sugar syrup, in a blender and blend just long enough to achieve that icy-mush quality.
- Serve immediately, in tall frosty glasses.
I want to review this twice so that maybe I could give you 10 stars. I will never eat watermelon again......just drink it in this recipe! I made it for my DIL as a treat when she came over yesterday. She isn't eating sugar right now and I used Splenda, which worked just fine. Because I didn't need to dissolve the sugar, I wish I hadn't used the 1/2 cup of water because it did seem a little thinner that I would have liked. I can't wait to make it again and already am planning a trip to the store for more melon. Thank you soooooooo much Mirj!
Absolutely fantastic! Mirj is right, it is addictive. I made a half recipe and drank the entire thing myself. Used an apple cinnamon tea bag, the only non-black tea bag I had. Will try with splenda also. Keep this one in mind for that leftover watermelon! Thanks for sharing the recipe!UPDATE: Tried this with green tea and splenda and loved that combination, too!
Yum! I too used splenda, and a lemon tea bag since that was the closest I had. I left out the lemon juice because of that, and omitted the extra water per Geema's suggestion. This is a lovely drink that I am enjoying during my rare moment to myself!