Carmen Chan's Note:
I made this recipe myself but I'm not sure what kind of cuisine it is. I titled it 'Thai' because the ingredients and the combination of them are mainly Thai.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 medium prawns (unshelled)
- 2 medium squid, cleaned and cut into bite sized pieces (crayfish, yabbies or Morton Bay Bugs) or 1 medium squid, and 2 small-medium crustaceans (crayfish, yabbies or Morton Bay Bugs)
- 1 large mango, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup string bean, semi-cooked, cut into 1 inch pieces (optional)
- 1 large lime
- 1 medium red chile, seeded and sliced into thin strips (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (nouc mam)
- 1Boil unshelled prawns and squid in water.
- 2Remove when prawns are red and cooked and squid is firm and springy.
- 3Shell the prawns and set them aside with the squid in the fridge.
- 4If using crustaceans, boil them in water with some salt.
- 5Remove the flesh and cut into bite sized pieces.
- 6Set aside in fridge.
- 7Cut the lime in half and save one half.
- 8Slice thinly the other half and chop into small, less than 1centimetre segments with zest still attached.
- 9If using canned coconut milk, stir or shake properly before using.
- 10Add fish sauce into the coconut milk and stir.
- 11Add more fish sauce if you like it a little more salty.
- 12Squeeze in some of the juice from the other half of the lime into the mixture; stir well.
- 13In a large bowl, combine all ingredients then pour the coconut milk over the salad; mix well.
- 14Set aside in fridge for about 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refreshing Thai Seafood Salad
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.7
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 749.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: