Recipe by rpgaymer
This is a unique potato salad you can serve at a BBQ, or with Asian or Caribbean food. It looks beautiful, and has never failed to surprise anyone with its blend of flavors.
Top Review by duonyte
A nice variation of potato salad. I peeled, diced and simmered the sweet potato until it was done, as did not want to use the oven just for this. I had no yogurt, so in the morning I took my kefir grains and dropped them into some heavy cream. By the time I got home, I had a lovely mascarpone-thick cream with a slight tang. I did use rather more red onion, as there were no hot peppers of any kind, and did add some red pepper flakes. The fresh pepper would have been a nice addition. This was served with hamburgers, and I have to say, I think I preferred it warm - it was not as appealing to me when I had it chilled this morning. That or at room temperature. Just a personal preference.
- 907.18 g sweet potatoes
- 44.37 ml cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt (I use Greek yogurt)
- 9.85 ml honey or 14.79 ml agave nectar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 0 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash and pierce the potatoes all over, and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Mix the cilantro, lime juice, yogurt, honey/agave nectar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Chill.
- When potatoes are done and cool enough to handle, peel them and cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with bell pepper, celery, onion, and serrano pepper, then drizzle the chilled dressing on top. Mix well, chill, and then serve.