1/1 Photo of Refreshing Sweet Potato Salad
This is a unique potato salad you can serve at a BBQ, or with Asian or Caribbean food. It looks beautiful, and has never failed to surprise anyone with its blend of flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I use Greek yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons honey or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Wash and pierce the potatoes all over, and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- 3Mix the cilantro, lime juice, yogurt, honey/agave nectar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Chill.
- 4When potatoes are done and cool enough to handle, peel them and cut into cubes.
- 5In a large bowl, combine potatoes with bell pepper, celery, onion, and serrano pepper, then drizzle the chilled dressing on top. Mix well, chill, and then serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Refreshing Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.6
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 469.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g