Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a frozen strawberry package. It's really good on hot days! The tea is sweet already from the strawberries; so if you'd like, you can cut back on the sugar a bit. Enjoy!
- 2 cups whole frozen strawberries
- 32 fluid ounces brewed tea, that has been cooled
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup white sugar (depending on how sweet you want the tea)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Take 5 strawberries out of the bag and set aside.
- With the remaining berries, blend in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Strain the pureed berries, discard seeds.
- Mix together pureed strawberries, tea, lemon juice, and desired amount of sugar.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with ice and reserved berries as garnishes.
Made this recipe as given (using the smaller amount of sugar) & had a great iced tea! During the warm summer months I usually do either raspberry or peach tea, & now your recipe has given me a wonderful alternative! Absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
refreshing! Easy to put together and not too sweet.
The lemon juice actually does a great job in melding the flavors together. I think the tea was pretty good.