Recipe by casamain
A simple refreshing salad that has no Dressing.Can be eaten with any main dish or entree fish, meat, chicken or just boiled eggs- Can also be an after dinner salad with a cheese tray, & crusty bread.
- 1 large orange
- 1 medium apple
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 small seedless cucumber
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1 small carrot, grated
- pine nuts or walnuts or cashew nuts or sliced almonds
- 4 small spring onions, with the green shoots
- 1 1⁄2 large lemons, juice of or 1 1⁄2 large limes, juice of
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute or 2 teaspoons Equal sugar substitute, sweetener powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash everything thoroughly. Chop into bite sized or smaller pieces, the orange, apple, Kiwi cucumber and spring onions REMOVE the seeds from the tomatoes. Carrot has to be grated.
- Add salt,lime juice and sweetner, Toss and refrigerate till served.
- You can increase the tomatoes or any of the fruits, adding shredded iceberg lettuce just before serving is an option.