Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great drink when it is hot outside! From the cookbook Jerk From Jamaica.
- crushed ice
- 3 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- club soda, chilled
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the rum, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake well and strain into 2 tall glasses filled with crushed ice.
- Fill the rest of the way with club soda and garnish with lime wedges.
This is very refreshing but another time I may add more rum cause it was hard to taste the rum. Or maybe I put too much club soda. Thanks Susie. Made for Gimme 5 tag game
Made this for DH tonight and he enjoyed. Did not have club soda so substituted Fresca and skipped the simple syrup! Made for ZWT5 Caribbean Beverage Challenge! Thanks for sharing Susie!
As the previous reviewers noted, this is just awesome! I crushed the ice, got the shaker out, and went to town. Squeezed the lime, doubled the simple syrup, and had a wonderful evening. Really liked the lime in this. So fresh and enjoyable. Thanks for posting this, we were able to catch our breath for a minute and relax :D