Recipe by Lubie
Great drink for a hot summer day or when you want to serve to guests. Refrigerate the sparkling mineral water (or Sprite) before you make the drink so that you can drink it right away!
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was indeed a refreshing beverage. It is very sour; I needed to add quite a bit more sugar than the recipe called for. I used sparkling water, which I would do again. My daughter especially enjoyed this. I thought it was very tasty and would make this again.
- 1 1⁄3 cups red raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 -3 cups sparkling water (or try Sprite instead-if you like it a little sweeter!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make syrup: Place raspberries in medium bowl.
- Add sugar and lime juice and mash with back of wooden spoon.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture through fine sieve to remove seeds and set aside.
- Make drink: Fill 4 large glasses with ice and pour 1/4 cup syrup in each glass.
- Add 3/4 cup sparkling mineral water (or sprite).
- Stir to combine.
- Top with 1/2 cup sparkling water (or sprite.).
- Garnish glasses with fresh raspberries or lime wedges if desired.