This cake is so light and refreshing. Very good summer cake. It's a tried and true recipe.
Make and share this Refreshing Pina Colada Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, block (at room temperature)
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 large Cool Whip
- Bake cake as suggested on box in a large sheet-cake pan.
- Combine puddings, milk, and cream cheese and beat with electric mixer.
- Refrigerate pudding mixture for an hour.
- Spread pudding mixture on cake then add a layer of drained pineapple.
- Top with a layer of Cool Whip.
- Store in fridge.
- Note: The nutritional info is flawed because I don't know how many servings it makes.
This was fantastic! I made it for a family gathering and it was wiped out completely. Now my family wants me to make it all the time. PS: I mixed about a half cup of Coco Lopez Coconut Cream to the Cool Whip topping and it really was great.
Yummy! I am not a cake/frosting lover, but this I love. I really am in love with the filling. I did make a few changes to fit my 3yr. old's birthday. I added the pineapple to the pudding/cream cheese mixture. Next time I would probably add a little coconut too. I made the cake in 2 round pans put the filling between the layers. I cut the rounds in half and turned backwards to look like a butterfly. I used the cool whip as frosting but I added food coloring and a little meringue powder. It made it a little stiffer so I could pipe some on the cake. I may add a little flavoring to the cool whip next time, I don't know... it was very good.
Yum-Yum!! We celebrated Father's Day late and I made this to take to mom's house for dessert. It was a perfect summer cake...light,cool and creamy. I used all coconut cream pudding,skim milk and light Cool Whip. It was awesome! No wonder this is Bijan's cake of choice! Thanks for posting!!