Recipe by Rita~
This is a refreshing Cuban drink. It's hard to stop drinking these on a hot summers day. I made these for the fourth of July and we went on to 3 yes 3 pitchers! If you don't have a muddle stick try a mortar and pestle or the end of a wooden rolling pin. Please use fresh lime if you cannot go ahead and try the already bottled lime juice but if you do think about that when you rate this recipe! I did both and there's nothing like fresh! Same goes for the fresh mint if you need to you can use frozen but I DON'T recommend extract. And for the sugar real granular is what helps muddles the lime and extract the mint oils from the leaves.
- 10 limes, fresh pulp and juice
- 30 leaves of fresh mint
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup white rum
- club soda, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lime juice, mint and sugar into a pitcher.
- Using a muddle stick mash to release mint oils, and dissolve sugar into juice.
- Add rum and lots of ice topped with club soda. Adding more club soda to glasses if a lighter drink is desired.
- Garnish with fresh mint and lime slices.