Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
These yummy cookies look like a regular chocolate chip cookie, but have something extra special.. MiNt! If you are a sucker for the "mint and chocolate" combination, you will love these!
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint extract or 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces mint chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 (F).
- Mix sugar, margarine, mint extract, and egg in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in mint chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet and cool completely.
Used After Eight mint chocolate (chopped them myself). Brought all 50 to my volleyball match and they were gone before I could take pictures!!
I used Junebug's alteration of the Andes mint chunks and excluded the mint extract, they were wonderful! Thanks for sharing Elaine!
My DD made these and since she didn't have mint chips she added 2-teaspoons of mint extract. She also reduced the sugar and replaced it with 1/4 cup of Splenda. She also added white chocolate chips.