Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was found on the back of a Minute Maid Lime Juice box, and is very easy.
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Whisk together condensed milk and egg yolks.
- Add lime juice and mix.
- Beat 1 egg white until stiff.
- Fold into milk mixture.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Beat remaining 3 egg whites, gradually adding sugar and cream of tartar, until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over top of filling.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Cool pie on a rack until room temperature.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate.