Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love rotisserie chicken and use it quite often to speed things up when cooking for my family. This is a very nice main dish salad.
- 2 (6 ounce) containers lemon yogurt (about 1 1/4 c.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups bite-size chunks rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 1 cup bite-size chunks cantaloupe
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup green seedless grape, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- To make the dressing: mix together all the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- To make the salad; combine the first 6 salad ingredients in the bowl with the dressing; stir to mix well; season if needed with salt and pepper.
- Arrange spinach leaves on individual plates.
- Serve salad mixture on top of the spinach leaves.
- Note: You may chill salad mixture a couple of hours before serving if desired.
Really nice chicken salad, a refreshing change from mayo ones. Mine was a little sweeter than planned because the only lemon yogurt i could find was lemon meringue flavor :) Still wonderful
Refreshing salad during the summer. I leave out the mint and cataloupe. Can use coarsely chopped, toasted pecans or cashew halves in place of the almonds.